Thursday, January 27, 2011

Creative Outlet

This blog is a nice way for me to vent some creative energy. It's not quite the same as actually sculpting clay though. I miss it. Unfortunately, I've let that part of my life fall to the wayside for the past 7 or so years. I got into clay sculpting during high school and then took a couple classes in college. My instructors took care of the kiln firing and the glaze technicalities. I never had to worry about it. Anyway - I got a good deal on a kiln a few years back and it's been sitting in my garage since, untouched, because I don't know how to run it!

I have decided to start looking around for ways to get back into clay work. There's a ceramics studio close to my workplace and that might be a good start. I could get some clay and do stuff here at home...and I might do that too. I'd just need to find a place that would allow me to fire stuff....or maybe the self-hardening clay would work. I'll have to look into it.

Now, the hardest part of creating, for me, is coming up with the idea or subject. So - I welcome any ideas, suggestions and such from anyone reading our blog. I would love to be commissioned to do pieces for people too. I specialize in detail, realism, and animals of all sorts, but that doesn't mean I won't consider doing something different. I could also make ceramic pottery that can be used for a multitude of things around your home. I will get some pictures of past works up here for you to see my style and such. Just have to get some time to take the pictures because I haven't really kept up a portfolio.

You WoW players - I could make a figure of one of your favorite characters (you can see what it might potentially look like after I get done making Ryan's character "Elkaboo" as that is what I plan on making first...cuz he's going to be an easy customer for me. hehe). Corgi lovers - I could make a sculpture of your beloved pet(s) in a fun pose. There are multiple options for finishes to customize your piece - for example, I could paint the piece in acrylics to make it extremely detailed, or just glaze a monotone color over the whole piece. That's just the beginning though.

Like I said, I will post some pictures soon...but send me ideas and I will start making a list! =)

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment